Tomatillo Cilantro Salsa
Tomatillo Cilantro Salsa is my go-to sauce in the summer. Accompany it with some chips and dip for a party, atop scrambled eggs for breakfast or a spicy sauce on top of Zucchini Cakes. This salsa is super easy to make and lasts days in the fridge!
Yield: 4 cups Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 8 to 10 tomatillos, husk removed and washed
- 2 to 3 jalapeños, chopped
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, peeled and whole
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon no-salt substitute
Combine the tomatillos, jalapeños, onion, garlic and olive oil on a griddle over the stove. Cook for 6to8 minutes a side, flipping periodically. Remove from griddle once they are roasted and have a nice char and transfer to blender. Then add the cilantro, lime juice and no-salt substitute, blend until smooth. Serve warm over zucchini cakes, cold as an appetizer with no-salt tortilla chips, or even on a piece of white mild fish.