Red Pepper Romesco Sauce
Romesco sauce is a puree of roasted red pepper, almonds, and garlic. It’s perfect served as a dipping sauce or served over grilled meats. Romesco sauce is packed with aromatics, smokiness, and nutty flavor. Making it dangerously addictive. You will want to top it on everything and dip everything in it. I put it over our pasta the other night, followed by our eggs in the morning and smeared it on the sandwich I had for lunch. Let’s just say this sauce is versatile and you need it in your life!
Yield: 3 cups Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ cup raw or roasted almonds (unsalted)
- 5 to 6 medium-to-large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon no-salt substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, destemmed
- 2 sheets of clear plastic wrap
- Place the two red bell peppers over an open flame on a gas grill. Char the pepper on the entire outside so it starts to turn black and blister, about 10 minutes. Immediately wrap the hot peppers in clear plastic wrap trapping the steam inside. Wait 15-20 minutes and then unwrap the plastic and pull the skins off the peppers.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients but the olive oil. Securely fasten the lid and blend, starting on low and increasing the speed as you are able to gain traction.
- Once the ingredients are mostly blended, start drizzling in the olive oil while running the blender. Blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in a jar in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.