Boneless Beef Short Ribs
Yield: Serves 4 Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 4 to 6 hours
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 large yellow onions, diced
- 8 to 10 fingerling potatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
Pour the flour, garlic powder, and pepper onto a plate. Coat the ribs in the flour mixture. Heat the olive oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat and brown the ribs in the oil. Flip them after a minute or two and brown the other side. Remove the ribs from the fry pan and place them in the slow cooker.
Pour the chicken broth into the fry pan and cook rapidly for 1 minute loosening all the leftovers and pour the liquid into the slow cooker.
Peal and crush the garlic cloves and place directly into the crock pot. Add the diced onions, fingerling potatoes, brown sugar and the chili powder. Stir it up.
Cook for 4 to 6 hours. You might need to thicken the sauce in the end so add 2 tablespoons flour and mix well in the slow cooker. Polenta, quinoa, farro or rice complement this meal nicely.